About This Blog

Some of the miscellaneous categories you might find dealt with here will include:
~ health
~ writing
~ blogging
~ environment
~ science
~ education
~ desert
~ walk
~ photos


Monday, January 28, 2013

An Adventure

On the sixth of February I expect to land in Bangkok tired and jet-lagged. I'll arrive without a visa. Isn't that a bit like me showing up at your front door unannounced and expecting to stay? Still,  I have high hopes that the Thai will let me stay awhile. Without leaving BKK I hope to get a flight to Chiang Rai and there begin to accommodate myself.

I pretty sure that Chiang Rai gets smoky in March and stays that way for over a month. I might go as far as a place north of Hanoi to get better air during that time.

Sold my nice little Suzuki and expect to get a rental car today. This JT house is about empty of furniture and belongings. I've sold and given away a lot, but will still leave a lot in storage.

Looking over that which I have just written, I see little beautiful adventure shinning through. Could I be doubting my capacity for adventure? Whatever the quality of my writing or capacity for adventure, I feel satisfied and energized. I feel pleasant anticipation in the knowledge that that I am very likely to be surrounded by the novelty and beauty of Thailand and the rest of SEA very soon.

The prospect of shopping for used first grade(or kindergarten) textbooks with which to begin to learn to read and write Thai pleases me.

I have packed a camera and plan to take and post photographs. What would you like to see? What sorts of comments in the captions should I make?

May you feel pleasantly satisfied and energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment